Our fully-refurbished first floor is now open so why not come and take a look? There is a large screen video tour available for those unable to use the stairs.
The Maritime Museum overlooks the Solway Firth to the Scottish coast. It is situated on the harbour in the historic town of Maryport in a building which was originally The Queen's Head Public House. It provided hospitality to the many seafarers passing through the busy port in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
The museum collection consists of objects, photographs and paintings relating to the maritime, industrial and social history of Maryport and is displayed over two floors.
A 'virtual tour' of first floor exhibits is available to view on screen in the ground floor reference library.
Come and see the exhibition commemorating First First World War events affecting Maryport and the area during 1917. The display is available during museum opening hours and is free on admission to the main museum.
Please call 01900 813738 for further information.